Kaylee Michelle Davis | Education | Awarded $1000.00 | 2016
Kaylee Michelle Davis is from Mount Pleasant, TN and she has chosen to attend Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tennessee.
Kristin Paige Watson | Nursing | Awarded $1000.00 | 2016
Kristin Paige Watson is from Columbia, TN and she has chosen to attend Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tennessee.
Rebecca Lee Mann | Biology | Awarded $300.00 | 2016
Rebecca Lee Mann is from Clarksville, TN and she has chosen to attend Austin Peay University in Clarksville, Tennessee.
United Southern Girls Fastpitch is pleased to announce the Future Choices Scholarship Awards Program designed to assist the student athlete preparing to take their education to the collegiate level. All applications must be submitted in accordance with the USGF scholarship award guidelines as posted below:
- Applicants must have graduated from or be in the process of preparing to graduate from an accredited High School in their state of residence.
- Applicants must have successfully completed all collegiate required core courses as set forth in the academic guidelines for college admission.
- Applicants must have maintained a 2.5 GPA and verifiable High School transcripts must be available for review by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants must have participated in a USGF Tournament or USGF League.
- Applicants must be sponsored by a sanctioned USGF Coach, a USGF Director, USGF Board Member or a USGF Sanctioned League President.
- All applications must be legible, complete and signed by both the applicant and the sponsor. The essay must be in typewritten format and submitted at the same time as the application itself.
- Applicants must complete a 200 to 300 word essay as described on the application form.
- The USGF Scholarship committee will not be responsible for lost essays and/or applications and essays will not be returned.
- Award recipients will be selected by an appointed independent review committee under the direction of the USGF Scholarship Committee.
- Members of the independent review committee will not be released to the general public.
- Award recipients will be announced annually at the respective USGF state tournaments where a recipient resides. In the event that no state tournament is held in the recipients home state the announcement will be made at the Tennessee USGF State Tournament.
- The decisions of the USGF Scholarship Committee are final and binding.
- All student athletes meeting the minimum eligibility requirements are permitted to apply.
- Award amounts will be paid directly to the student athlete’s university of choice and must be used for the sole purpose of continued education at the collegiate level.
- Scholarship award recipients and their respective sponsors will be notified by the USGF Scholarship committee no later than July 1 of each year.
- All applications need to arrive at the stated address completed, signed and post marked by June 15th and October 15th of each year.
- Failure to comply with any of the application guidelines as stated above will disqualify the applicant from further consideration.
- Applicants may not be affiliated with any member of the USGF organization.
USGF does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, creed, religion or affiliation with any other sanctioned fastpitch organization. The rules and eligibility requirements are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the USGF Scholarship committee under the direction of the USGF Board of Directors. The number and dollar amount of scholarships awarded on an annual basis is at the sole discretion of the USGF Scholarship committee under the direction of the USGF Board of Directors and is subject to change annually based on the participation of teams. The Future Choices Scholarship Program is an equal opportunity awards program designed for the sole purpose of assisting student athletes in pursuing higher education. Please contact the USGF Scholarship Committee Chairman for further assistance.